Sunday, January 30, 2011

Phony: tthe description about its meaning


It means fake. I think it is good to some extent. When a person tries something impossible and he fails, then people cannot afford to be mean to him. For the simple reason that, what he has done others cannot do. They need to be phony which means not to hurt anyone while flattering someone.  It is always better than humiliating someone.
When I first came to Canada, people around have always appreciated me for what I have done.  They are phony sometimes.But I don’t mind because I know they will never hurt me. My friends, never were phony towards me but the interesting thing for our friendship to grow is the vast difference between the Indian and Canadian cultures. My second host mother never ever criticized me. Though I was seldom making unhappy comments about her way of dealing with her kids and me. But she taught me how to be phony n a nice way.
I think that people can be phony whenever they want to be. But in a nice way as it make their lives easier. If I do not like anything in the Canadian culture then I can be phony and pass the word across the table. This would not be very pleasant for the Cnadians to hear. But if the phoniness is shown in a nice way, then both the parties are happy and both will have a good impression about each other. As I am on a cultural exchange, and it goal is to live in a totally different culture and to understand the culture so as to promote international understanding for all the cultures. But at the same time, I show my culture to them.
Living in a totally different culture is a unique experience. It’s a challenge. Actually people all over the world are the same. But some people are just the worst examples of phony onew, we will ever come across. This has an effect at the global level! One can see that because of people criticizing each other, we have all witnessed the two World Wars.
I think to be phony, is much better than criticizing. Because none of us on the Earth is perfect. But we could try to phony, as we are all free to give an opinion. But how to present that opinion makes a big difference. People should be diplomatic. And the truth is nothing is good, better, best or ugly, wrong but everything in the world is DIFFERENT.
Being an exchange student, I have to be a good cultural ambassador. Being diplomatic makes a good ambassador of the country and culture from where I come. Therefore, “people are the same all over the world and they also love and hate each other but the way an Indian expresses his love for his girlfriend is very different than a Canadian. That’s why they co-exist as different cultures.


No comments:

Post a Comment